Set HDD Stand-By connected through USB

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Set HDD Stand-By connected through USB

Post by TMroy »

RAID 0 is an array quite risky. Only one drive die then kill your data all! I have replied you in another post, you need to make sure if your drive is well sat on its position, or if it is faulty.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

fabiobiscia wrote: 30 Jan 2021, 22:20 I tried to backup all data with rsync but I ran into some issues. After 180 GB backup (total was 200/210) rsync say every time "I/O error 5" or similar. I opened another thread on this forum. At this moment I have a RAID 0 configuration so an emergency backup is very important. :(
I have used Samba from the PC to manually backup the shares either to a drive connected to the PC or connected to the NAS' USB port. It's not very fast, but I get to select exactly what I want backed up. Then I unmount the backup and secure it in a fire-proof vault. Having the backup drive connected full time for automatic backups leaves your backup susceptible to theft, fire, electrical damage and other corruption. Best to have an offline backup even if it goes out of date a bit.
fabiobiscia

Post by fabiobiscia »

Thanks for your reply, i’ve done the same thing, and til now it works very well. When the system unmount the usb drive, after few minutes it goes on standby and poweroff all moving parts.

Return to “Storage”