Single Disk Configuration

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
sianderson
Great Britain

Single Disk Configuration

Post by sianderson »

So with recent stability issues, my configuration is now as follows on my F2-210 both as single disk configuration

Bay 1 = 500Gb Hard Drive
Bay 2 = 6Tb Hard Drive (where all my data is stored)

I understand that TOS is installed on my 500Gb hard drive and runs from that (or is it now installed on both?) i set it up with just the 500gb drive in and it was stable under 4.2.07 then added the 6Tb after

what happens when I want to upgrade the 500gb to a new drive, can I just pull it out and put the new drive in and the device will boot up as normal or would it see it as a brand new unit?
F2-210

TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Single Disk Configuration

Post by TMroy »

You just need to check if your TNAS still works properly after you remove your 500GB drive.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

Ok so that’s the theory, the os is installed on both drives?, so if I pull the 500gb it should boot normally with just the 6TB and still have all my apps and configuration set up?
F2-210

TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Normally, the answer is YES.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)