Enlarge an existing Raid-Array

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
stapetz

Enlarge an existing Raid-Array

Post by stapetz »

Hi there,

I bought and installed the F4-210 4-Bay NAS Quad Core 2GB RAM at first with 2 x 2 TB HDDs.

Now I want to add 2 more 2 TB HDDs and integrate them into the existing Array, in that way that I have one 4 TB array in one RAID 1.

Is this possible? Do I just have to insert the two new HDDs into the bay and the rest will be selfexplaining in the configuration dialogues?

Can the additional HDDs be inserted while the system is up and running, or do I have to shutdown and power off the system before inserting the new HDDs?

Thanks in advance,
Stefan
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Re: Enlarge an existing Raid-Array

Post by TMS »

Yes, you can insert a new disk while the device is running.But raid1 with 4 disks will only use the first disk, and the other three disks are used as backup disks. Are you sure you want this?
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
stapetz

Post by stapetz »

Thanks for the quick response.

What I want to do is the following

Disk 1 and Disk 2: one storage pool as RAID 1 (2 x 2 TB brutto is 2 TB netto)

Disk 3 and Disk 4: second storage pool also as RAID 1 (2 x 2 TB brutto, 2 TB netto).

Is this possible?

Second question: when I have 3 Disks in a RAID 5, how can I switch it to RAID 1 and remove one of the Disks?

Thanks in advance,
Stefan
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

The first question is ok, but the second question raid 5 cannot be changed to raid1.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @

Return to “Storage”