Add Hard drives to f5-221 safely

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
terminatom

Add Hard drives to f5-221 safely

Post by terminatom »

Hello im near the maximal storage capacity on my f5-221 wich has 2 hard drives 8to capicity each in RAID 1 and i will receive soon 2 other new 8to Hard Drive.
My question is can I add this two other hard drive safely without losing my data on the firsts hard drive?
And i have another question wich is can i go Raid 1 to Raid 5 without losing data when i will have the fourth hard drive ?

Terminatom
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Re: Add Hard drives to f5-221 safely

Post by TMS »

Of course, adding a hard disk will not affect the previous data, and upgrading raid5 will not delete data. Note that before upgrading raid5, first upgrade the array and then expand the array.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

RAID1 could be upgraded to RAID5 without losing data. Please insert a new HDD at power on stage, and go to TOS Control panel- storage pool- click Edit, and choose "Upgrade RAID" from the list, the RAID will be rebuilding. Please wait until the rebuilding process is finished. And then you can insert the 4th drive at power on stage, and "upgrade RAID" again.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
terminatom

Post by terminatom »

hello,
Thank you for the reply, i have done what u tell me to do and apparently it's work, but i get a message that it will take 1000 hours to finish it's really heavy i can't afford this :? Is it normal ?
So i wanted to take a screen shot before confirm to send you but my internet crash :twisted: . I have relaunch the TOS and now i think he is going to make raid 5 i take screen shot of it and it's in attachments.
Is it ok and will be take really 1000 hours ?
Thank you.
Attachments
screenshot
screenshot
Capture.PNG (15.04 KiB) Viewed 4386 times
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

It will take about 1000 minutes instead of hours, it was a mistake and has been fixed in the new update.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
terminatom

Post by terminatom »

hello,

I have done what you tell me to do and Its all seems to working well.
But now i have a question because my storage pool is 14.55 TB that's is normal, but my storage allocation named volume #1 is only 7.27 Tb capacity. So do i need to edit my volume #1 and put the volume capacity to the maximum ?
Attachments
Capture2.PNG
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please go to TOS Control panel - storage manager - volume, check your current volume and click Edit, to see whether the capacity could be expanded.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)