More then one external usb-device ?

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
donsenilo

More then one external usb-device ?

Post by donsenilo »

How can I use more then one external usb-device ?
When I have my usb-harddisk plugged in and I plug in another usb-device, the second device will not be recognized.
Terramaster F4-210
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: More then one external usb-device ?

Post by TMSupport »

Please advise your TNAS model number and cutrrent TOS version. We have tested before that it will show "USBshare1"and "USBshare2" under File manager when two USB hard drives are connected. It's not the case that only one external drive could be detected. Please advise the format of the USB drive too, we will test again.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
donsenilo

Post by donsenilo »

I have the F4-210 with 4.1.31.
I use a Kingston DataTraveler DTSE9G2 128GB USB 3.0 on the internal USB-Port and have a chiliGREEN EF253 Ovado 1TB, 2.5" external USB-Harddrive.
The DataTraveler is shown as "USBshare1" but the external Harddrive is not recognized.
Terramaster F4-210
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

If the USB insertion sequence or USB interface is changed, can NAS recognize the external Harddrive?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Youngjet

Post by Youngjet »

You need to increase memeory sieze of your USB drive