Permission Issues over SMB

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
savjanivv

Permission Issues over SMB

Post by savjanivv »

Hi All,

Bought a Terramaster F2-221 last week and put in my 2 x 3TB drives from my old NAS after formatting. Went to set up the drive (which is not quite as straightforward as I was expecting) and users.

I have set my own account as admin with Read/Write access to all other users home folders, however I don't seem to be able to access these folders via SMB. I can access the folders fine through TOS, but as we are all aware the interface is not great for copying large amounts of data. When I manually try to access the folder through Windows Explorer (\\192.168.0.x\USER) I get a message saying "Access is Denied". This happens even if I use that users credentials in Windows.

I don't seem to be able to set up a shared folder with each user's name as it says there is already a folder that exists with that name. I've tried it on the latest 4.1.30 firmware and also the 4.1.27 firmware (just in case), and had the same issues both times. I'd appreciate any help with this!

Thanks in advance!
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Permission Issues over SMB

Post by TMroy »

I am sorry to tell you that you are not able to set permission for user home folder now, it is restricted by default. Please try other folders.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
savjanivv

Post by savjanivv »

Thanks TMroy. Is there any way to unrestrict this for SMB?

With my previous NAS (Buffalo LS220) this was a default feature and each user home directory could have permissions set to allow other users to access them. Just seems like a common sense thing for an admin?

I should also mention, I can access the other users folders from TOS within a web browser and am able to read/write to all folders on the NAS with my admin account.

Thanks again!
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Sorry, user home directory is only for his owner, not able to set permission or allow other user to access. If you need a shared folder share to other users, you can create a new shared folder.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
nygage

Post by nygage »

TMroy wrote: 08 Jan 2021, 00:02 Sorry, user home directory is only for his owner, not able to set permission or allow other user to access. If you need a shared folder share to other users, you can create a new shared folder.
I cant write in my home directory using smb in Windows, what can be?
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMRyan »

{L_BUTTON_AT}nygage
Hello, First, you need to enable the home directory: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1365 When you use SMB, you can’t see the home directory because the computer directly uses the guest account to log in to TNAS according to the memory, please disable guest account.
smb.png
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)