Encryption key no longer recognized after update

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
ralphy

Re: Encryption key no longer recognized after update

Post by ralphy »

TMroy wrote: 25 Sep 2020, 22:16 As we can't duplicate your issue at our side, do you mind having a remote session from our tech team. If that OK for you, please write an email to our tech team and reservate a remote session.
For the sake of your community and the bugfix, I can have another remote session, as I already had a 2,5h session with your team. (I can disclose details on PM if you want to.) So at least the issue is known and shown to your tech team.

You could also share the SSH / shell commands that allow manually decryption as quick-fix to help your community here.
Do you still think we need this session? Is there a place where I can find and share log files first? This error should produce a log message somewhere...
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Sorry, I donot about this story, so please let me check with the tech team first. Thank you!
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
ralphy

Post by ralphy »

Did you get any result? Do you need contacts I communicated with? I still see this as a serious issue... and other clients probably as well.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Yes, I have check with the tech team, but they can’t find your records, no one did a remote session for you. Would you send again an email to the tech team?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
ralphy

Post by ralphy »

I just sent you the mails and a chat protocol of the remote session ;)
Hope to hear from you soon.
ralphy

Post by ralphy »

I am wondering - after I sent now all information - if there is something happening to resolve this topic or get an official answer that TNAS users are not supposed to use the encryption feature? Thank you.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

We have tested here and the mentioned issue of encrypted folder does not replicate here. While we do remotely check for one of the user who has suffered this issue after TOS update. We are trying to figure out the reason now.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)