Mapped and Mapping drives not working

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
brianx87

Mapped and Mapping drives not working

Post by brianx87 »

Model: F2-220
TOS: 4.1.30

I just did a reinstall of Windows 10 2004 and an issue has arisen were TNAS PC is not accepting my password entered with the Windows Security pop up
when trying to change the IP address and when trying to map a drive using TNAS PC, when entering the password on a second attempt it causes TNAS PC to close. A secondary effect of that appears when mapping a drive, that drive has issues staying connected, when trying to access data on that
drive I get a popup dialog "The specified network name is no longer available," the data is still accessible and I can move it around and modify and delete it but I get the no longer available dialog when trying to run an executable or open a file from that location.

I have SMB enabled on Windows settings, have cleared credentials, used \\TNAS and \\TNAS-IP and mapped the drives from Windows explorer and my
third party explorer and other instructions as listed on this thread viewtopic.php?f=75&t=743

The issue is not present on my second desktop, on a previous attempt to fix the issue with another fresh Windows install it appeared to be resolved
when the latest .NET Framework had been installed via Windows Update, I have not successfully replicated this fix.

I have also reinstalled TOS 4.1.30 with default settings to no effect. I don't know if the issue is with TNAS PC, TOS, my network or a Windows issue.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Mapped and Mapping drives not working

Post by TMroy »

This is not an issue about TOS, the TNAS PC may not compatible with the version of your windows OS. We will try to replicate it here, and keep you updated. Please use your Windows explorer to map a drive as a temparory solution.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
brianx87

Post by brianx87 »

TMroy wrote: 30 Aug 2020, 10:11 This is not an issue about TOS, the TNAS PC may not compatible with the version of your windows OS. We will try to replicate it here, and keep you updated. Please use your Windows explorer to map a drive as a temparory solution.
I've already tried Windows Explorer as I have already explained with the same result and I even reverted to Windows 10 version 1909 which produced the exact same outcome. Windows Security refuses to accept my password for TNAS-PC on this machine but everything works fine on my families desktop, I also updated Windows 10 to 2004 on that machine and it worked fine.

I thought the mapped drives had been working fine for the past few days as \\TNAS-IP\ but just not it has reverted to the same errors.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

If none of the solutions is working at viewtopic.php?f=75&t=743, please contact us at support(at)terra-master.com to let our technician help you with remote session.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
jmephotoart

Post by jmephotoart »

I have just set up shares on my unit, added all required rights and I too am not able to map drives. Same result as above and I have followed the steps in the link.

Windows refuses to let me map a drive and does NOT accept my passwords.

Really annoyed right now.
jmephotoart

Post by jmephotoart »

I have emailed support as requested.

Lets see how this goes.

I will report back so the result can be seen publicly

Jon
jmephotoart

Post by jmephotoart »

so to those who are having the same problem, has support been able to fix the issue for you?

Would you been kind enough to report back to this thread please?

Thanks!

jon
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Your email has been received and replied with support. Please keep contact with support.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
jmephotoart

Post by jmephotoart »

It has indeed! thanks for a fast reply I am collating the information required!

Thanks

Jon
jmephotoart

Post by jmephotoart »

Details sent as requested.

Currently sitting waiting for help from support on Team viewer.

I will let you all know how it goes.

Thanks

Jon