SMB and UPnP disabled after reboot

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
Southland

SMB and UPnP disabled after reboot

Post by Southland »

I have a new T4-210 with TOS 4.1.27 installed for about 2 - 3 weeks. Yesterday, I started having problems accessing my folders and TNAS PC can no longer find the NAS. However, I can connect with a web browser using the IP address, and I can ping the device. It turns out that every time I restart the NAS, SMB and UPnP are disabled. If I reenable the services, I can access my folders with Windows explorer. However, TNAS PC still cannot find the NAS. But if I restart the NAS, SMB and UPnP are disabled again. I have this same issue with TNAS PC on three different PCs that I've tried. I'm running the latest version of TNAS PC. The only change that I had made to the NAS is I changed the device name to be "T4-210" in the TOS Control Panel. So I have a few questions.

1) Is there a know problem with TOS 4.1.27 that causes SMB and UPnP to be disabled when restarting the NAS? Is there a fix for this problem?

2) What service is required to be running on the NAS for the TNAS PC application to find the NAS? I don't know what to enable on the NAS to allow TNAS PC to find it.

3) Is there a known problem with changing the NAS Device name in TOS? Is this a problem for TNAS PC if I change the device name?

Thanks.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: SMB and UPnP disabled after reboot

Post by TMroy »

Changing a host name will not lead to device search fails.
Please update your tos to 4.1.30, this update fixed SMB restart issue.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Southland

Post by Southland »

I upgraded to 4.1.30 and everything is working again. I'll keep a watch on it, but I didn't have this problem until I had run 4.1.27 for 2 to 3 weeks. Hopefully the problem is gone for good.

Thanks.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

It seems that the problem has improved。
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)