Fast File Transfers Between 2 NAS Systems

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
coltonyyz

Fast File Transfers Between 2 NAS Systems

Post by coltonyyz »

I finally figured out how to transfer files between OMW and TOS using RSYNC! It's transferring at around 77MB/s! Photo attached.

Much faster than using the typical copy and paste function with Windows. I wish I knew about this sooner!
Attachments
77MB/s Transfers
77MB/s Transfers
klausfelix

Re: Fast File Transfers Between 2 NAS Systems

Post by klausfelix »

I have two Seagate BlackArmor 400 NAS units and I want to transfer a lot of files from one to the other.

I can access both through a browser GUI and also are the shares I want to transfer between available in my Network Location in Windows 7. I guess that's the CIFS thing there but not sure.

However if I just drag and drop or use something like TeraCopy the speed is very bad. It's like the file actually transfers through my PC which is wireless and not getting great speed.

The Seagate blackarmor has a download manager that supports http and ftp and the share is ftp enabled but I have no idea how it's url would be on local network ( there is no DNS setup for the FTP but it's marked as enabled ).

Does anyone know of a good solution for me to transfer the files between the 2 NAS system without having a PC in between and getting good speed.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

If your NASs are in a same local network, you can mount a NFS or SMB/CIFS folder so that you can copy between two NAS without your PC involving in, and good speed.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
matt_30

Post by matt_30 »

Hi coltonyyz,

The following posts may be of interest to you:

SMB/CIFS Remote Folder (F4-220 v4.2.09) - viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1678
NAS folders mounted as SMB_1 on client - viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1676
SMB v1 support - viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1557

TLDR: you will need to mount using a root session then the cp command to transfer files from NAS A to NAS B without the data going via your PC.