Rsync Server settings keeps forgetting path

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
Popparumb

Rsync Server settings keeps forgetting path

Post by Popparumb »

Terramaster F4-210
4 x 2Tb HDD
Single Raid 5 5.44Tb Storage Pool
I have enabled the Rsync server and defined a path to /public and twice it has forgotten this path, backup stops with no path error. Re-entered it an all is OK. Backup carries on.

Any Ideas.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Rsync Server settings keeps forgetting path

Post by TMSupport »

Hi, is it replicable? is it ok to take some images and show us this issue when it happens again? Also, please make sure the folder public has been authrozied.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Popparumb

Post by Popparumb »

Hi TM Support,

came home today same thing.

Desktop.jpg, path to public has disappeared, and backup software showing error

Desktop reset.jpg, all working OK after reassigned path to Public
Attachments
Desktop reset.jpg
Desktop reset.jpg (64.87 KiB) Viewed 7466 times
Desktop.jpg
Desktop.jpg (57.26 KiB) Viewed 7466 times
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Thanks for the feedback. How often will this happen? Is it ok to let our engineer have a remote session to check? Please contact us at support(a)terra-master.com to confirm the session.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Popparumb

Post by Popparumb »

Couple of times per month. Ok for Remote session,London Time zone, best after 6pm
Popparumb

Post by Popparumb »

HI TMSupport,

This has just happened again. access to public has disappeared from the Rsync server settings.

Is there a log I can access through SSH or something?

John
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi John, could you please contact me at support@terra-master.com? For this Rsync issue, it never happened before, and we cannot replicate here. It's hard to know how to help you resolve it.
scoobyfizz

Post by scoobyfizz »

Hi,

I'm on 4.1.24 and I am getting the same issue. I have a daily backup Rsync from my QNAP nas to my f2-210 and it is constantly failing overnight because the path disappears from the RSYNC settings on the terr-master. I thought it was something to do with the disks going to sleep (although they aren't because of Plex running I think). So I changhed the sleep settings to never but I am still getting this issue.
Best thing I ever did was ebay my Terramaster...
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please send en email with detailed description to support(a)terra-master.com, we will remotely check for you.