Setting SMB Level

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
toricred

Setting SMB Level

Post by toricred »

I'm using an F4-210 with a Windows 10 Home 64 computer. I'd like to be able to browse the NAS through Windows Explorer by simply expanding the Network node, but the NAS doesn't appear there. I'm wondering if the problem is that the SMB level on the NAS is set to 1 by default since Windows 10 doesn't support that level. I can map by using the IP address, but this is a problem in one of my applications. By the way, both are in the WORKGROUP workgroup.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Setting SMB Level

Post by TMroy »

Hi, I did not get you, would you show me a image where you want the TNAS to show up in windows explorer when you expending the network node?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
toricred

Post by toricred »

Here's a picture. I drew a box where it should show up.
Attachments
TNAS Network.png
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please try the following: (By the way, the SMB level on the NAS is V3 for TOS4.1)
1. Please restart “Server” and “ComputerBrowser” of your computer, which are the services to find the devices in the network.
How to: type service.msc in “Run” of your computer, find Server and ComputerBrowser”, please firstly disable and then enable it.

2. Go to your computer Control Panel, search and go to Turn Windows Features on or off, and check all the options in SMB 1.0/CIFS and check SMB Direct:
Windowsfeature.jpg
3. Go to TOS Control Panel – Network Services – SMB/CIFS File Service – tick Enable SMB/CIFS File Service - Apply
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
toricred

Post by toricred »

I can do all of that except for SMB Direct. It doesn't exist on Windows 10 Home 64 version 1909. Tried all the rest and it didn't change anything.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Sorry to know that, we will check here to see if any other solutions. Will keep you informed.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
toricred

Post by toricred »

I discovered that SMB Direct only works with Windows 10 Pro so I upgraded to that and it is enabled. Still no change though.
toricred

Post by toricred »

When I turn off SMB level 2 I can no longer connect, but when I turn it back on I can. This leads me to believe it is running at SMB2 not SMB3. Is there a way to change it to level 3 or at least verify what level it is at?
toricred

Post by toricred »

I've located the smb.conf file on the system. Would it cause a problem if I modified it to show the max level to SMB3 instead of SMB2?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

It's not suggest to modify the conf files in our TNAS. You can input samba -V to check the SMB level.
Please re-enable the SMB service at TOS control panel and refresh the page at Windows Network to see if anything better.