Transfer speed is very low

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Transfer speed is very low

Post by TMroy »

To change a file system, you have to delete all your volumes, this means you need to backup your data first.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Captinmax

Post by Captinmax »

TMroy wrote: 04 Jun 2021, 22:44 To change a file system, you have to delete all your volumes, this means you need to backup your data first.
I am not prepared to do that as it has taken me 3 days to transfer the files onto the NAS due to very slow write speeds.

Besides it was formatted BTRFS when I bought it last December and run until this April with no problems. Plus the write speed was fine until April too.
alexweefs

Post by alexweefs »

I wish I could get 60Mb a second with SMB.

I'm transferring my music library to my TNAS F5-221, via SMB, and I'm getting 3.5MB per second,

which means another 6.5 days until it completes.

HTTP to the TNAS was 10 to 15 times faster. FTP was 8 to 10 times faster. And the entire time,

the TNAS was warning me to switch to SMB because it handles large transfers better.

And I have not been able to connect the TNAS directly to my main PC and be able to reach it.

I know it's supposed to pick up DHCP, but I can only get mine to work on the home subnet I've set up at 192.168.1.0/254.

This is the only subnet that I have even been able to get it to properly grab DHCP from. The other 2, in different IP ranges, it basically ignores, completely unreachable.

I have several PC's, TV's, tablets and phones on each subnet, and never have any problem with any of the devices on them nor DHCP.

The fact that the TNAS does not immediately recognize a local DHCP and properly configure itself to work on that subnet is a little concerning in this day and age.

I regularly rely on equipment both more expensive and less expensive than the TNAS I purchased to auto-configure itself, and do not have a problem.

These are coding issues that have been solved in the market for years.

I also have a Qnap 4 bay NAS, a few years old.

I have tried it on all of the subnets,

and it recognizes and picks up the local subnet DHCP every time,

without fail.

It pretty much does not care where it is attached, and write speeds to it via SMB are slightly faster than I can achieve with the TNAS using HTTP.

Please tell me that this is just an optimization issue, that Terra Master are working on updating their SMB support?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}alexweefs
3.5MB transfer rate is totally far away from normal. On a Giga LAN network, the SMB speed should be 100~115MB. It must be something wrong somewhere. Please refer to below article for troubleshooting. viewtopic.php?f=75&t=527
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)