FTP from web browser shows all folders without login

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
AlanR

FTP from web browser shows all folders without login

Post by AlanR »

Hi,

I set up DDNS today for FTP access from the internet and everything is working well from FTP clients that require a username & password, but I noticed that if I pull up a web browser from outside of my network and go to 'ftp://[hostname].ddns.net/, it shows all my folders and files without requesting any type of username or password! I've looked everywhere in the settings and don't see anywhere to disable 'anonymous' FTP access. I've also created a bogus 'anonymous' user account in hopes that that would prompt me for a user ID & password, but it still doesn't. How do I disable web-based FTP access or require that all FTP access needs a user account? I've disabled FTP access for now until I can figure this out.

Hardware: F2-210
Software version: 4.1.21-2002271849

Thanks,

Alan
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: FTP from web browser shows all folders without login

Post by TMSupport »

Hi, no matter under what circumstances the username and password is required for FTP. Is it possible that the credentials have been remembered by the browser? Could you please try with a different browser or clear the cache and try again?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
AlanR

Post by AlanR »

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply! This morning, it did immediately prompt me for a username/password. For at least an hour last night, this wasn't the case. My web browser had no pop-up screen for login and I saw the root directory immediately. Just to be sure I was going out to the internet and coming back in through the WAN side of my router (not accessing the sever locally), I disabled the wifi on my phone and was also able to see my server from my phone's browser via FTP with no login needed.

Thanks,

Alan
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

OK, we will check browsers on mobile phone again. Will get back to you later.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

And is it ok to share with us your access details ( not with username and credential), we will try to access from here.