Unable to use file explorer to find TNAS

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
stubecullerstan

Unable to use file explorer to find TNAS

Post by stubecullerstan »

when entering file://xxx.xxx.xx.xx in file explorer, I get a popup that says "Windows can't find ..."

I am using Windows 11. This is a new build. I was able to do this with my old desktop that had Windows 10.
titanrx8

Re: Unable to use file explorer to find TNAS

Post by titanrx8 »

Check which versions of smb are set in TOS. I seem to recall experiencing this on my first Win11 PC.
crisisacting

Post by crisisacting »

stubecullerstan wrote: 09 Mar 2023, 00:22 am using Windows 11. This is a new build. was able to do this with my old desktop that had Windows 10.
Unless you install SMB v1 through Windows Features, you'll need to bump up the minimum version on the Terra-Master to at least v2.
stubecullerstan

Post by stubecullerstan »

I have enabled and disabled windows SMB1 and SMB2 with no luck.
My TNAS is running version 5.0.x
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please refer to the article for help.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
RhonBhay

Post by RhonBhay »

I have the same problem too. Initially it worked , I was able to transfer huge files. Then it can't find it anymore. that was more than a year ago.Since then I have been trying to get help from terramaster in the chat , but unsuccessful in resolving the problem with their advise. In order for me to transfer files I have to upload it via browser. It is very slow and unreliable. Which a popup from terramaster actually advise you not to do for the same reason. The TNAS icon shows up in the network drop down menu , but inaccessible. I went thru all the steps that was given in this forum, including this thread viewtopic.php?f=77&t=2759. I have come to the conclusion , you get what you paid for,I have spent so much time and effort trying to figure it out. Is this a windows issue or a TOS issue? No idea... I have loss a lot of irreplaceable data from the first deadbolt ransomware attacks. the ones that had backup will take me forever to reload it via browser. Ditching this to the garbage bin where it belongs. Buying a better branded NAS for my home and work.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

RhonBhay wrote: 19 Apr 2023, 04:21 I have the same problem too. Initially it worked , I was able to transfer huge files. Then it can't find it anymore. that was more than a year ago.Since then I have been trying to get help from terramaster in the chat , but unsuccessful in resolving the problem with their advise. In order for me to transfer files I have to upload it via browser. It is very slow and unreliable. Which a popup from terramaster actually advise you not to do for the same reason. The TNAS icon shows up in the network drop down menu , but inaccessible. I went thru all the steps that was given in this forum, including this thread viewtopic.php?f=77&t=2759. I have come to the conclusion , you get what you paid for,I have spent so much time and effort trying to figure it out. Is this a windows issue or a TOS issue? No idea... I have loss a lot of irreplaceable data from the first deadbolt ransomware attacks. the ones that had backup will take me forever to reload it via browser. Ditching this to the garbage bin where it belongs. Buying a better branded NAS for my home and work.
what is your model number? and what is the TOS version?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “File Services”