Unable to copy files to F4-423

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
stubecullerstan

Unable to copy files to F4-423

Post by stubecullerstan »

I have a new F4-423 with 32TB storage (4x8TB). I'm trying to move files from my Drobo and some of the files I get an error that the file is no longer in that location. I can move the files to my personal computer, but these specific files give me the same error. I've tried several methods to move or copy the files by using the TOS web version, the TNAS desktop app, and even mapping the drive and dragging and dropping, copy and pasting, cut and pasting, but all methods give me the same error.
Its only certain files, not all files. I'm using Windows 10 on my PC and it has the latest updates.
Capture.JPG
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Unable to copy files to F4-423

Post by TMroy »

The file body on your Drobo may be corrupt due to hard drive bad sector, even the metadata shows the file exist.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
stubecullerstan

I can copy the files from Drobo to my desk top and open them fine on my desk top, but I still can't copy them from my desktop to the Terra-Master.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Not sure what could be the issue, can you upload this file from TOS file manager? try it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
stubecullerstan

I kind of figured out the problem. Years ago we switched from Mac to Windows computers. Seems that the .DS Store files that Mac creates are not copying. Everything else would copy but those which aren't needed anyways.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}stubecullerstan
but from your screenshot, it is a jpg file. what's wrong?