Cannot access TOS 4.2.x files via SMB

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
cubico

Cannot access TOS 4.2.x files via SMB

Post by cubico »

I am experiencing many problems connecting to my F2-220 from several weeks.

I used to connect to the files on the device mainly via SMB protocol from windows, android and ios.

Recently this stopped working: in no way I could connect to my folders from devices that previously worked well.

I tried to:
Disable/reenable SMB protocolo on the F2-220 using the web management panel via http.
Change the SMB levels in various configurations.
Change, on Win 10, the active SMB services turing them on, off, restartin the computer many times with different configurations.
clear the cache on windiws via net use command as suggested on topics I found on this board
Update the NAS firmware to the lastest available (as of now it is 4.2.40)

Nothing worked.

But then, after a while, the file access to the NAS starte dworking again for no apparent reason.
I could work normally with my files... only to experience again the same problems when, again for no apparent reason, the file transfer stopped working once more.

I add that whenever I try to restart the NAS system via management panel I am unable to connect to the web panel via http for a while (a matter of hours): from the login prompt I am bounced to it again and again after inserting my profile data. This also mysteriously starts working again after a while and I can access again... only to discover that the file sharing is not working as it wasn't before.

I am losing a maddening amount of time trying to get some basic access to my files but all this is maddening.
Help please.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Cannot access TOS 4.2.x files via SMB

Post by TMroy »

Your files system on your drives may be at risk, which leads to an unstable data transfer and system run. You need to back up your data and try to repair your file system before too late.

How to repair a file system?
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=2575
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
cubico

Post by cubico »

Thank you for your answer.

I tried to follow your instruction and to access via putty/SSH to my NAS.
Unfortunately that seems not possible: I made sure that that SSH connection is enabled but if I try to access using my admin account the connection is refused.
I tried to change the password to make sure that it was the same of the account used to access via http interface but it did not work: I cannot access via SSH or Telnet (I tried that also).
Any suggestions?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

It is recommended that you back up the data, reinstall the TOS, and then try to repair the file system.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
cubico

Post by cubico »

Hello. I did that and for a while (10 days) everything worked out fine.
Today the problems started to happen again.

Basically the access via SMB or DLNA does not work, not in Windows, not in OSX, not via Android: the NAS is simply impossible to reach.
Only via HTTP it can be accessed and managed in the control panel but that's it, no access to the files.
I tried to restart it, restart other deviced on my LAN but the problems continued to happen.

I also tried to change the IP from static to DHCP but that did not improve the situation.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

If the same problem occurs frequently, it is recommended that you replace the hard disk.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)

Return to “File Services”