Windows cannot run file downloaded from NAS

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
jmlauzier

Windows cannot run file downloaded from NAS

Post by jmlauzier »

I can access my download drive on the NAS correctly but when i try to install (execute) a software FROM the NAS Windows 11 gives me this error dialog :
image_2022-10-13_105818187.png
those file are downloaded through either Qbittorrent or Transmission, i tried with both.
folder copier FROM the PC to the NAS work perfectly to execute and install. only file downloaded FROM the NAS are problematic... Do i need to set a permission somewhere for this to work ?

thanks for your time.

-JM
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Windows cannot run file downloaded from NAS

Post by TMSupport »

Can the exe file of the NAS be copied to the PC be used normally?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
jmlauzier

Post by jmlauzier »

yes, absolutely, if i copy the file (or the whole folder) to my C: drive and then launch the installation, everything worl as expected. Of course you understand that this is cumbersome, i'd like to run the installer FROM the NAS, instead of copying every time, then RUN, then delete that temporary folder.

any solutions ?

-JM
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please go to TOS desktop - file manager and edit the permissions of the exe file.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Aman23fer

Post by Aman23fer »

then RUN, then delete that temporary folder.
jmlauzier

Post by jmlauzier »

TMSupport wrote: 25 Oct 2022, 16:56 Please go to TOS desktop - file manager and edit the permissions of the exe file.
Ok, so, permission seems all set to the same values, READ and WRITE, i see no EXECUTE value that i can set...

I found something else, folders that can be executed have ADMIN as an owner, while the ones where i can execute files from are owned by MY personal login user. Now, the thing is, how did that happen ?, all files are obtained through the qBittorrent terramaster app. is there a way to change the owner, as that seems it would fix the issue.