NFS service issues at NAS startup

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
macmpi

NFS service issues at NAS startup

Post by macmpi »

Hi,

I'm having repeated issues with NAS NFS server (model/TOS in my signature).
All is setup properly, and I can log with my clients (MacOS/Kodi on Linux) when I start/restart the service manually through WEB UI.

However when the NAS powers-up, with service enabled, my clients do not manage to connect.
As soon as I manually restart the NFS NAS service, my clients connect fine...
TerraMaster F2-210 under TOS 4.2.43, RAID1, Btrfs, serving Mac, Linux & Windows clients
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: NFS service issues at NAS startup

Post by TMSupport »

Hi, the engineers will test about this problem, will keep you noted if any results.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
macmpi

Post by macmpi »

Hi, any update on this matter?
Any log needed to diagnose, or suggestions?
Appreciate any feedback.
TerraMaster F2-210 under TOS 4.2.43, RAID1, Btrfs, serving Mac, Linux & Windows clients
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please contact us at support@terra-master.com
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
macmpi

Post by macmpi »

Hi,

I see v4.1.21 release is coming-out (update package not yet available), but Release Notes do not mention any fix for this problem, whereas there was some work ongoing, according to:
TMSupport wrote: 21 Feb 2020, 14:29 A new version expecting to solve the hibernation issue will be released soon, it's been in test now.
Thanks for any update on this long-lasting issue.
macmpi

Post by macmpi »

Unfortunately v4.1.21 does NOT fix this issue
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

You have tried with 4.1.21 already? According to the test here, 4.1.21 has fixed the issue of hibernation.
macmpi

Post by macmpi »

I'm not sure what you mean by hibernation, but in my case with 4.1.21, NFS service availability has the same failure symptoms.
Eventhough service is enabled properly, each time I boot my NAS, service is unavailable to clients.
I have to manually disable service, and then re-enable, so that clients can successfully connect.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Sorry, hibernation has nothing to do with NFS. We will check this NFS issue again with the new version.
macmpi

Post by macmpi »

TMSupport wrote: 20 Mar 2020, 15:29We will check this NFS issue again with the new version.
Hi, any update after your tests on 4.1.21? (BTW I use F2-210).
Thanks.