NFS service issues at NAS startup

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
macmpi

Re: NFS service issues at NAS startup

Post by macmpi »

Any update on this please?
Would be nice if such NFS startup config issues are consolidated here, and not spread over various threads, as users will loose tracks and not get notified.

Thanks for feedback on this blocking problem (is worse now than it used to be, as we had a working workaround before...)
TerraMaster F2-210 under TOS 4.2.43, RAID1, Btrfs, serving Mac, Linux & Windows clients
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

macmpi wrote: 03 Sep 2020, 21:30 Any update on this please?
Would be nice if such NFS startup config issues are consolidated here, and not spread over various threads, as users will loose tracks and not get notified.
For your information, we did many testings in this week, TNAS NFS service works properly after every startup.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
macmpi

Post by macmpi »

TMroy wrote: 04 Sep 2020, 18:38 For your information, we did many testings in this week, TNAS NFS service works properly after every startup.
Thanks for update. I guess that was 4.1.30 on both x86 and ARM, ext4 and btrfs?
Do you mean we are left with no other option than yet-again trying to re-install the whole TOS from scratch (and redo any NAS config), as I already did for 4.1.24 (with no more success at that time)?
TerraMaster F2-210 under TOS 4.2.43, RAID1, Btrfs, serving Mac, Linux & Windows clients
emogg

Post by emogg »

Please fix this problem. I have it on F4-210 4.2.06_2011031755 and
all previous versions. Others have it too despite your "it doesn't happen here!"

You have a problem please fix it. These software issues spoil the hardware.
emogg

Post by emogg »

Looking at /var/log/messages I see the following message whenever I try to access a NFS share:
"TNAS daemon.warn rpc.mountd[3027]: refused mount request from 192.168.1.2 for /mnt/md0/gWork (/mnt/md0/gWork): unmatched host"

But if I restart the NFS service I get connected and this is in /var/log/messages:
"TNAS daemon.notice rpc.mountd[30139]: authenticated mount request from 192.168.1.2:708 for /mnt/md0/gVideo (/mnt/md0/gWork)"

Does this help?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Since the mentioned issue could not be duplicated here, could you please let us check it remotely? Please send an email to support(at)terra-master.com to confirm it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
macmpi

Post by macmpi »

I (again) took the plunge, and reinstalled 4.2.06 from scratch after restoring my F2-210 NAS to defaults.
Guess what?... NFS service would still NOT start properly at boot.
If I manually disable and then re-enable, then service starts properly and NFS shares can be mounted on my client machines.

So we are still at same discouraging failing status.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

The NFS service would not be enabled automatically the first time after reinstallation. It will be enabled automatically after manually enable it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
macmpi

Post by macmpi »

TMSupport wrote: 01 Dec 2020, 18:22 It will be enabled automatically after manually enable it.
Sorry but no: I've powered OFF, then ON, or restarted my NAS several times since install & setup: NFS service is still not functioning automatically at startup.
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

You can try to clear the browser cache.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @