NFS service issues at NAS startup

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: NFS service issues at NAS startup

Post by TMSupport »

F8-421, TOS4.1.21
F5-421, TOS4.1.21
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
macmpi

Post by macmpi »

They are all x86.
Would be nice you confirm on the other platform (ARMv8-based), ideally on same device.

FWIW, I originally installed my device in 4.1.16-or something, and did 2 incremental updates (.18 & .21 not full re-install): maybe the issue carried-over from original version?

Thanks.

(PS: nice forum lay-out change BTW!)
TerraMaster F2-210 under TOS 4.2.43, RAID1, Btrfs, serving Mac, Linux & Windows clients
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Hi macmpi,
We also tested it on F2-210 TOS4.1.21, which was definately same as your scenario, and NFS service was enabled after each restart.
Do you mind re-install TOS 4.1.21 again? sometimes a re installation can recover some issues.

Glad to hear that you like the forum new layout! ;)
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
macmpi

Post by macmpi »

TMroy wrote: 27 Apr 2020, 22:55sometimes a re installation can recover some issues.
How can I re-install? (Web UI is essentially about updates I think)
Any risk for existing NAS data in case of re-installation (back-up required?)?
I guess all settings will be lost: would I have to reconfigure everything (should I save/re-apply settings, which may be counterproductive)?
Thanks
TerraMaster F2-210 under TOS 4.2.43, RAID1, Btrfs, serving Mac, Linux & Windows clients
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

All the settings would be lost during re-installation.
Please check the following for the re-installation:
Please be advised the TOS reinstallation would not erase your data unless you encounter B below.

Power off the NAS, take out the HDD’s, power on the NAS.
Search the NAS IP address by the TNAS PC App, click on the located IP address and click "Login"
When it says no HDD detected, keep the NAS powered on and install your HDD
Next
When it asks if you’d like to install TOS already in the HDD or install new TOS, please select “Install new TOS”. And here there is a message saying the data in the hard drives would be lost, please ignore it, your data won’t be lost by confirming “Yes” to proceed here.
Next
Auto download and install TOS system (recommended)
Set your password and time zone

After that, there are two possibilities:
A. You may be directed to the log in page, please go ahead to log in.

B. You may be directed to the RAID creating page, please STOP here and close the window immediately. Please get back to us, and we will need to remote-in to check.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
macmpi

Post by macmpi »

TMSupport wrote: 07 May 2020, 14:41Please be advised the TOS reinstallation would not erase your data unless you encounter B below.
Hum...
My disks are in BTRFS, any specific concerns for the procedure with that fs?
As I have 2 disks in RAID 1 mode, would it make sense to do the re-instal just with one, and once stabilized, include the other one in the array? (better be safe than sorry)
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Since you are running TOS4.1.21, the online TOS installation would be TOS4.1.23, it's better to download the installation package for 4.1.21 first https://dl.terra-master.com/cn/TOS_A1.0 ... 271849.ins, and re-install your TOS with only one hard drive, and choosing " Manually download and install TOS".
Rumbaar

Post by Rumbaar »

macmpi wrote: 08 Jan 2020, 02:50 Hi,

I'm having repeated issues with NAS NFS server (model/TOS in my signature).
All is setup properly, and I can log with my clients (MacOS/Kodi on Linux) when I start/restart the service manually through WEB UI.

However when the NAS powers-up, with service enabled, my clients do not manage to connect.
As soon as I manually restart the NFS NAS service, my clients connect fine...
Hi macmpi,

I too am having issues with my TerraMaster F2-210 under TOS 4.1.21, just recently got it. I performed the actions via SSH to get the NFS running at start up. But I'm having issues with clients making a success connection. I always get server refused. Are you able to share what setup/config you have to allows NFS connections to be made to your F2-210 running 4.1.21?
Rumbaar

Post by Rumbaar »

Oh I see my issue now, from a post you made in another thread. I need to map to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:/mnt/md0/share but I was mapping to just :/share and getting permissions issues. Works differently than my QNAP stuff.
macmpi

Post by macmpi »

TMroy wrote: 27 Apr 2020, 22:55Do you mind re-install TOS 4.1.21 again?
Ok, I finally took the red pill and re-intalled the whole NAS with latest 4.1.24

Again NFS would not start at boot, even-though it is configured in UI.
This is confirmed by following command with does not return anything, so service is still NOT set for startup.

Code: Select all

ls -la /etc/rc.d/ | grep nfs