Problem with Recycle bin

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
Arjan21

Problem with Recycle bin

Post by Arjan21 »

Hello,

I've a problem with the recycle bin when I'm using smb or afp. When I delete a file on my Mac it's nog going through the recycle bin, but delete immediately. I hope there is a way to fix this problem. Because I like a way to have a way to get it easy back.

Arjan
Arjan21

Re: Problem with Recycle bin

Post by Arjan21 »

It was my own mistake. It was not turning of afp correctly. So now it works correct with smb and the recycle bin.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

That's good news.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Arjan21

Post by Arjan21 »

Yes that's for sure!

Now I wanna use "chmod 772 /mnt/md0/aaa/\#recycle/" (the support team mailed me that code), for admin access only to the bin, but it's not working for now. Hopefully there is a way for it.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

The cmd is used to set the permission. What do you want to do now?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Arjan21

Post by Arjan21 »

Yes I know. I wanna set the permissions for the recycle bin only for the admin. So the admin can only delete and see the recycle bin.
But when I enter this code I get the message: chmod: /mnt/md0/aaa/#recycle/: No such file or directory

The support mail send this command to me.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

I have confirmed with the technician here, it's not ok to use the cmd to set the admin's permission to the recycle bin.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Arjan21

Post by Arjan21 »

Oh, is there a command to get admin Group access only for the recycle bin.

This is one of the small things I miss in the NAS. (Also to get rid of the user home folder, the folder it create automatic when add a user).
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

In future update, the user home directory can be closed.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Arjan21

Post by Arjan21 »

TMroy wrote: 31 May 2020, 13:50 In future update, the user home directory can be closed.
Nice, will there also be an update for the recycle bin?