Home Folder

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
Arjan21

Home Folder

Post by Arjan21 »

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and also with TerraMaster. I've bought one for the first time a week ago.

Now I've a question about the home folder/ user folder, because I can't use this with an application like usb copy. Is there a way to disable the home/ user folder so I can create my own folder? With my own name etc.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Arjan
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Home Folder

Post by TMroy »

The user home directory is for user configuration storage, it is not used for data storage.
if you want to use a folder only for you, you can create a shared folder on your name or any name you like, and set permissions to you only and deny to anyone else. Then this folder will be your pernonal folder, a private folder.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Arjan21

Post by Arjan21 »

Yes that is what I want to do. But is there a way I can disable the user folder.
Otherwise I (and the rest of the family) will see a drive that I don't want them to use. And I can't use my own name, because that is what it's using for the user folder. I know with an other brand there was an option to disable the user folder.

It's oke for me to use another name, but I don't want to see it when I share it with smb or afp.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

In the coming new version, you can hide this folder on your network.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Arjan21

Post by Arjan21 »

That's great!!!

Thanks for your help
EvNAS

Post by EvNAS »

TMroy wrote: 21 Apr 2020, 23:44 The user home directory is for user configuration storage, it is not used for data storage.
It is very tempting for users to keep their files under their usernames )))
I have TOS 4.1.30 and I dont see where to hide this share. Am I missing something?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

It's in TOS4.2.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)