SMB Share Attributes are missing !!!!

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
kenfrog

SMB Share Attributes are missing !!!!

Post by kenfrog »

* FIXED * SMB File Attributes being removed after upgrade from TOS 4.x to 5.0

So Anyone with a problem saving attributes using SMB shares using windows??

I noticed that the archive,hidden,readonly,system attributes that I set using TOS 4.x are missing in TOS 5.0.x. I'm on the TOS 5.0.124-00161, this was a big problem for me personally. I need to be able to set files to read-only, so that my users don't removed or damaged anything including myself. I could not for figure out the file ownership or rights to allow these basic flags from windows.

This took hours of resetting/changing owners/permissions/groups/settings and I had to ask one question, is the system even setup to see these flags or looking at them ?? TOS 4.X. system would allow these flags to happen.

*FIX*

Here is the reason these file attributes are not working. The SMB Config Options are missing as of TOS Version 5.0.124-00161
** if you are not a linux person or dont know how to use VI, maybe wait for the fix **
  • process is to enable SSH on Terminal /SSH config page - > choose your port
    • open putty and connect as the admin user
    • vi /etc/samba/smb-extend.conf
    • you will need to locate the setting "store dos attributes = no"
    • change this to yes
    • hit enter to add these four lines of text
    • map archive = yes
    • map hidden = yes
    • map readonly = yes
    • map system = yes
    • hit esc
    • :wq

This will need to disable and reenable SMB in the file share menu - once enabled your old flags will be back and you can carry on about life.

Resetting anything in a large volume that is not read-only in my use case was easy to fix. open cmd as admin on windows and cd to the disk volume and attrib +r * /S /D - this sets read-only for folders and files recursively. I started ta the top of the disk and let it run.

Hope this helps someone and I hope this makes it in to the TOS 5.x system some time soon.

cheers :geek:
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: SMB Share Attributes are missing !!!!

Post by TMroy »

Thank you for your report, we will check and fix it soon.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)