New to Terra-Master. Slooooow Xfer Speeds?

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
BaffledCow

New to Terra-Master. Slooooow Xfer Speeds?

Post by BaffledCow »

Hi there. I just received my F4210 and got it set up. Synchronization has completed. I need to transfer information from my existing LAN (Netgear ReadyNas RN104) which is notoriously slow, so I copied everything from the Netgear to an USB drive and now connected that USB drive to the terra- master. The thing is, it doesn't seem like there is any improvement in speed. I figured at a minimum that it would be faster to transfer from a USB drive directly connected to the NAS than from one NAS to another. I'm trying to transfer my TV library now, which is approximately 2400 items with a total storage space of 980GB. 1200 of the items are just directories, so there's about 1200 actual video files ranging in size from 250MB to 5GB each.

It's taking about 13 hours to transfer 980GB. This seems super slow to me.

My Set-up for reference:

2021 Mac Studio connected via WiFi
Netgear 18 port Gigabit Switch
Netgear Nighthawk WiFi 6 Mesh Router
All Cat 6e cabling
WD Red+ 2TB Drives in the NAS
WD My Box USB 3.1 12TB external drive connected to USB port on NAS

Does anything sticks out that I'm doing wrong or what can I try to get this sped up?

thanks in advance for any help!
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: New to Terra-Master. Slooooow Xfer Speeds?

Post by TMRyan »

If your other NAS has an rsync backup client, you can try to enable Rsync Server in TOS Control Panel > File Services , and then use your other TNAS's Rsync client for backup:
Video guide:https://www.terra-master.com/global/video-guide/
You can also try to map the shared folders of the two NAS on the computer at the same time, and then copy.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)