file transfer

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
avitabileproduction

file transfer

Post by avitabileproduction »

hi guys, i need help solving some doubts

I have owned the f2-210 for some time and the performance is appalling, I'm not complaining

the transfer via smb on windows and from windows is always at full capacity and I am satisfied

a few days ago it was necessary to create a new user to allow people to upload files to the nas remotely with a dns and this is where a doubt arises

people can download from the web interface at blazing speeds, but when it comes to uploading, the drama

I have an http from 2.5 gb down and 500 mega up, in fact people can download via dns remotely at the maximum speed of the nas

since I have no problems transferring files in smb at very high speeds, why is the upload through the tos interface (file transfer) so slow?

it is blocked at 20mb / s, is there anyone who can explain this to me?

in smb I reach over 100mb / s so it's a web interface thing

maybe http has some limits?

thank you for help.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: file transfer

Post by TMroy »

Due to the complex processing required to upload files on the web, generally speaking, uploading files using a web page is slower than using a file service.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
titan5

Post by titan5 »

Trying to backup media files on F5-221 before updating to TOS 5
Have an old terramaster D2-310 drive plugged into USB port on F5 as USBShare
Transferring files from F5 to D2 via USB port is amazingly slow with transfer rates of 20MB/s or less.
File transfer via TNAS 5.0 (windows 11) admin login
Any attempt to access usbshare via smb fails as USBshare unavailable
Why is transfer sooooo sloowww?
TMLyy
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMLyy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}titan5

You need to set usb permissions in the external storage device module of the control panel
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)