SMB setup, how to do it? config file?

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
laptoid

SMB setup, how to do it? config file?

Post by laptoid »

Can you please tell me where can I see the SMB server settings? How can I access its config, where is it located?

Can't get to SMB server via ES file explorer. ES does not see the server and cannot pass authorization. Other clients see the server and pass authorization. (smb//192.168.1.* not found ) Apparently, you need to downgrade the server to SMB-1?

Or what else can I do?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: SMB setup, how to do it? config file?

Post by TMSupport »

Can you use SMB service to access on PC?
You can change the SMB settings in TOS Control Panel > File Service> SMB.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
laptoid

Post by laptoid »

Hello! Yesterday I received a response from technical support that I need to use option 6 for configuration (the "Advanced" item in the NAS server settings). I wrote that I do not have such an item. And they answered me that no, so no, use the rest of the tips. This is a very, very strange response from tech support! ! What does it mean that if you do not have such an option, then you do not need it? You yourself give these tips!
I can't use other tips because my access is not from under Windows, but from under Android. I need to set up the NAS, because the problem is in it, I have absolutely no difficulties with access from under Windows. And the rest of the recommendations apply specifically to Windows. No more of my devices now have access to the NAS drives. Very good purchase, but...
I know that I can change the server settings through the configuration file. Can you tell me how can I access and modify smb.conf?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Hi, if you can access your tnas on your windows pc or macOS computer, that means the smb file service of tnas is working well. I think you need to ask the technical people from EX file. We do not know about the EX file app, sorry we can't help you with this issue. There are a lot of settings for smb configuration, we do not know which one needs to set for the EX file.

If you need to configure more advanced settings of smb, you can check how with google, or this article may be helpful. https://www.looklinux.com/configure-sam ... -in-linux/

By the way, first of all, you need to make sure the EX file allows such kind of connection by smb://192.168...., you better check with their help doc.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)