Cannot access public folder from windows on admin account

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
Quadriflax

Cannot access public folder from windows on admin account

Post by Quadriflax »

Hello--

I've just updated to 4.2.30 on my F2-220 and now I'm having trouble accessing my public folder from my admin account on Windows. I've used the TOS app to create a link to my NAS. It shows up just fine. In my root folder I see the three main folders: "admin", "appdata", and "public". If I enter my admin user and password, I can access "admin" and "appdata" just fine, but when I click on "public" I get the following error:
Windows cannot access \\192.168.XX.XX\public
Check the spelling ofthe name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network. To try and identify and resolve network problems, click Diagnose."
If I click "diagnose" it just says "Windows can't find "\\192.168.X.X\public". The name might be mispelled".

I double checked all permissions in the TOS file manager. Admin has full read/write permission both as a user and as a group. This used to work just fine before I updated to the latest TOS, and I didn't change any configurations. Why is this one folder and all its contents not accessible? How can I fix this?
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: Cannot access public folder from windows on admin account

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Quadriflax
Please try clearing the Samba cache and credentials and then remapping the disk. If the problem persists, please contact the technical team mailbox. viewtopic.php?f=77&t=2743
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “File Services”