SMB share flipped from volume 1 to 2 after reboot

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
dorsanty

SMB share flipped from volume 1 to 2 after reboot

Post by dorsanty »

I don't know how this happened but after a shutdown, power disconnect, power restore, and turn on the SMB shared folder was no longer showing any files.

When I looked at the configuration for the shared folders I could see that appdata, user, public all switched to volume 2 from volume 1.

Where is this configuration stored within TOS?
Can I manually edit the config so that I can restore the shares without loosing any data?

Edit: As a hack I have had to edit the /etc/samba/smb.conf and set the file to be immutable so whatever background configuration exists in TOS cannot override it. That works for now but the TOS GUI still tells me the shares are on volume 2.
U8-111 / 5.1.24
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: SMB share flipped from volume 1 to 2 after reboot

Post by TMSupport »

Please go to Control Panel> Shared Folder> Advanced Setting, restore shared folders to volume 1.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
dorsanty

Re: SMB share flipped from volume 1 to 2 after reboot

Post by dorsanty »

TMSupport wrote: 22 Feb 2022, 14:02 Please go to Control Panel> Shared Folder> Advanced Setting, restore shared folders to volume 1.
Thanks that did work!

It wasn't clear to me what "Restore" would do, and that it would be non-destructive.
If it is really a "switch shared folder volume" then that would make it more obvious I believe.
U8-111 / 5.1.24