SFTP/WEBDAV Do not work

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
Ortof

SFTP/WEBDAV Do not work

Post by Ortof »

Hello, I have just acquired a TNAS F4-210 on a tos 4.2.28 version. In local network all works correctly. Where I have a problem is connecting remotely. (I tried to use the mobile TNAS application in 4G+ but the connection is too long while my TNAS is connected in optical fiber)

I am new to the field and I have watched a lot of tutorials to learn the basics and understand how a connection by an IP address and a Port works.

Installing my TNAS involves several steps:

Step 1:
I separated my files in two.
- The public folder with movies that I share on a local network and says
- The home (pseudo) with my personal files.

Step 2:
I created the rights:
- User groups with different permissions
- Users who are attached to these groups according to my needs.

Problem:
The Local part of my home folder is working fine but the remote part is not working.

I tried to activate the WebDAV service with different ports (5006,80,9802...) nothing works. The message displayed is "Configuration failed",

So I activated the FTP service with port 21 which works, the problem is that it is not secure. So I tried enabling SFTP port 22 and 9333. Both work but only with shared folder, can't access home folder. how to do ?

Thank you in advance for your help.
TMym
TerraMaster Team

Re: SFTP/WEBDAV Do not work

Post by TMym »

Hello, webdav has no place to set personal folder permissions for the time being. You can access via VPN. Please refer to the link:viewtopic.php?f=83&t=2821&p=15398&hilit ... %9F#p15398
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Ortof

Post by Ortof »

Hello TMym,
Thank you for your answer. Okay it doesn't handle folder permissions but, that doesn't answer my questions:
- Why does the service not work at all in webdav?
- Why in SFTP I only see my shared folder while it works in FTP?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

I tried to activate the WebDAV service with different ports (5006,80,9802...) nothing works. The message displayed is "Configuration failed",
"Configuration failed" may be that the port is already occupied, you can try different ports. In addition, whether the nas is running the webserver, if so, please update the application and try to enable the webdav service again. If it still can't be solved, please send an email to our technical team to have a remote session.
- Why in SFTP I only see my shared folder while it works in FTP?
This issue will be fixed in subsequent versions.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “File Services”