not able to access files over smb after lost power. but new created users can access

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
liaodf

not able to access files over smb after lost power. but new created users can access

Post by liaodf »

HI,

I need help, i have Terra Master TNAS 4 trays array. recently it lost power, but after it came back up, all my existing users aren't able to access files over SMB at all. but if I created a new user, it can still access /public and its own home directory over SMB. all those existing users are still valid, I can login to the web GUI, and access the file through web GUI, but it is very inconvenient without being able to access through SMB. The error i got when i tried to access the files over SMB(file explorer in windows 10) is: access is denied.

how can I gain the SMB access back for those users created before the power outage?

thank you for the help
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Re: not able to access files over smb after lost power. but new created users can access

Post by TMRyan »

Hi,
Now turn off the TNAS and then turn it on, can new users still access it?
You can try the following methods:
1. Please check whether the IP after TNAS restart is consistent with the IP mapped before.
2. Refer to the method in the following post to clear the computer’s SMB cache
viewtopic.php?f=77&t=2743
Then clear the Windows login credentials.
If it still doesn't work, try to clear and restart the computer.
3. Re-enable SMB file service
4. Modify the user password and shared folder permissions
5. Modify TNAS IP
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
liaodf

Re: not able to access files over smb after lost power. but new created users can access

Post by liaodf »

i did all the steps, but still not working.

my tnas ip was reserved in dhcp server, which is my router. the ip won't changed.

i did restart the nas,
i did reboot my pc,
i did disable/enable the smb file service,
i did the password change of users created before the power outage,
i also try use different devices to access the tnas with smb file share, it has same issue for the users created before the power outage.

none of them works for me. :-(
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi! You can contact our tech team to check it remotely.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)