No User Home DIR with SFTP

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
fabiobiscia

No User Home DIR with SFTP

Post by fabiobiscia »

Hello, after restoring and updating TOS to version 4.2.17 with new hard drives, I have enabled SMB and SFTP services. With the SMB connection I see correctly the user folder and the shared folders, however after having also enabled the SFTP service from the settings, when I connect with SFTP I only see the shared folders and not the personal one. How is it possible? i have already rebooted and reset TOS 2 times. Thanks.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: No User Home DIR with SFTP

Post by TMSupport »

Hi! Please make sure you enter the correct port of the SFTP file service.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
fabiobiscia

Post by fabiobiscia »

I set up SFTP service with the default port (9333). I use transmit on Mac and I specified this port (9333) instead of 22, like normally SFTP/SSH is.

My issue is very similar to this other topic https://forum.terra-master.com/en/view ... =24&t=2025 .

Any other suggestion? It’s really important for me to solve this issue, because i’ve some clients that use rsync over SFTP to backup data. Thanks
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

May I know what model and which version you used? The x86 series devices can be used normally in the latest TOS version.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
fabiobiscia

Post by fabiobiscia »

My NAS is a f2-210. I was using TOS 4.2.7. When will this bug be fixed?
fabiobiscia

Post by fabiobiscia »

Sorry, i’m unable to edit the previous post, i was using TOS 4.2.17. Currently I downgraded TOS to v.4.2.8 and everyrthing works fine. I wait a reply when this bug will be fixed in order to update the whole sistem to achieve better function and better security.
TMAY

Post by TMAY »

1. Go to Control Panel>Users>Advanced Settings, and enable the user's home directory
2. Can you find the folder under "Control Panel-Shared Folder", if you can, please set the read and write permissions; if there is no display under "Control Panel-Shared Folder", please restore the shared folder through "Advanced" .
fabiobiscia

Post by fabiobiscia »

This doesn't work, no User folder in SFTP sharing on TOS 4.2.15/17. Please Update!
TMnorah
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMnorah »

Hi, We already know your question, we will verify it, and improve it later.
ColP

Post by ColP »

Hi,

Do we have any update on this yet? I have the same issue and would like to fix it as it presents quite a security flaw.

How is it possible to downgrade to an earlier TOS version? When I try via Desktop - TOS I get the error that the current version is later than the version I downloaded and therefore will not allow me to downgrade.

Many thanks.