FTP works SFTP not

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
dp75

FTP works SFTP not

Post by dp75 »

I have a f2-210 and the Last version of tos , the ftp connection works fine, but i want use sftp , more safe.
I can’t make it works
Any idea?
Thanks
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: FTP works SFTP not

Post by TMSupport »

Please describe your issue in detail, and attach screenshots of the error if convenient.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
dp75

Post by dp75 »

follow this is a screen-shot of sftp drive , this is not the only client i have tried but the result is the same
if i try to connect on ftp it works , when try to connect to sftp nothing response
i have the same problem with webdav, not connect
I bought your nas to access from two locations, one in the local network and the other remote.
i need a secure method that allows me to map a drive (i work with windows) with the contents of the nas, no matter which method to use, it is important that it is reliable
at the moment i managed to connect remotely only in ftp, i would prefer not to use it for security reasons
i almost forgot, before you ask me, my ip is public, and at the moment the nas is in dmz, ftp works, so i guess it's not a permissions problem
following the page where I set sftp and the connection attempt
Attachments
image.png
a.png
TMAY

Post by TMAY »

Can sftp and WebDAV be used normally in the local area network? How did you connect to sftp? Please check whether the sftp port is available, check method:
1. Go to the Control Panel-Programs and Features, and open the windows telnet client;
2. Open cmd, enter telnet ip or domain name port number, example: telnet tnas.online.link 9333;
3. Prompt that the port connection fails means the port has not been forwarded, and no prompt window is completely blacked out means the port number is available, try another connection tool, such as winSCP
dp75

Post by dp75 »

no; i would like to use sftp for create a remote drive on a remote windows pc
outcomes suggested method
telnet can connect on port 21 (ftp) and the page becomes black if i call port 9333 (the one suggested by the nas , what do you think if I use another one?)
win scp says time out (note i tried also for ftp and the connection has no problems)
since I have problems, at the moment, the nas is in dmz , so all ports are forwarded to the ip of nas
it seems that the nas is rejecting the sftp connection
sorry maybe I misunderstood . when you say
"and no prompt window is completely blacked out means the port number is available"
blacked out = the window become black?
in this case yes , therefore the port is avaliable?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi!
It is not clear what caused the connection failure. If you need help, you can contact our tech team to have a remote session to check it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
dp75

Post by dp75 »

FIXED, after disable all unnecessary services i rebooted the nas, now it works