Video files randomly quitting

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
caleb2003

Video files randomly quitting

Post by caleb2003 »

Hi, my f2-210 randomly quits sending video files partially though watching.

I use Kodi and have set up both smb and NFS shares and watch videos on my tv via Kodi or vlc and recently they randomly stop working after minutes.
I have tried updating the firmware (now on 4.2.17) and resetting the OS and removing all extra apps but it hasn't helped.

This system has been working fine as basic media and file storage and viewing videos in this way but I tried to use some of the other apps such as docker and this seemed to have overhwelmed the system hence the latest issues. This system has been rebuilt with new drives (with the help of a TM remote session) after the previous upgrade of firmware failed. It worked ok after that for the last few weeks but after adding extra apps now has this problem.
I have also ran scans on both disks which are fine.

any ideas?

Thanks
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Video files randomly quitting

Post by TMroy »

as your F2-210 is not able to decode video, so the video is decoded on your vlc or kodi player, please make sure your tv or your player is powerful enough to play your video. to verify this, you can try to play your video on your TNAS from your computer and check if the same issue happen on your computer.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
caleb2003

Post by caleb2003 »

This is nothing to do with the TV(s) its happening across all devices and has only happened since trying to install extra apps on tnas. Can there be a problem developed with the files and way to check and repair if so?
caleb2003

Post by caleb2003 »

This is also happening with audio files as well
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Your TNAD is not sending video to your tv, instead, your tv read the video files on your TNAS. if your video or music play quits from its process, these could be the potential reasons:
1. your TNAS stop to respond;
2. network connection interrupted;
3. media file broken;

you need to verify possible reasons one by one.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
caleb2003

Post by caleb2003 »

The Tnas has nothing in the logs in Tos to tell wether the system itself stopped.
The network is on Ethernet and hasnt changed. These are also not large files being sent 1 was a small mp3. I have tested with a different Ethernet cable and port.
All The files all work fine if plugged in directly to the source via a usb drive but do not work correctly if the usb drive is connected via the Tnas
TMnorah
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMnorah »

Hi!
What extra apps do you install on tnas ? Will the same happen after uninstalling it ?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Hardfecx

Post by Hardfecx »

caleb2003 wrote: 06 Nov 2021, 08:28 This is also happening with audio files as well
Are those extra apps running on the same time than you are watching the movie? Had you ever verify your RAM and CPU Usage at thatt moment?
caleb2003

Post by caleb2003 »

No I uninstalled all apps and factory reset back to previous firmware. The symptoms persist, so I wonder if some apps left a problem with the filesystem or something, a look around the forum showed some people had issues after installing Mariadb previously, maybe relate Idk but I also had that installed previously
Hardfecx

Post by Hardfecx »

caleb2003 wrote: 06 Nov 2021, 18:55 No I uninstalled all apps and factory reset back to previous firmware. The symptoms persist, so I wonder if some apps left a problem with the filesystem or something, a look around the forum showed some people had issues after installing Mariadb previously, maybe relate Idk but I also had that installed previously
But what about the Ram and Cpu usage and that moment?