TNAS F4-210 NFS Questions

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
wnpaul

TNAS F4-210 NFS Questions

Post by wnpaul »

Having recently purchased an F4-210 TNAS I am trying to find my way around it.

Particularly NFS is giving me trouble, as I am trying to use this device with several Linux systems.

I can see no way to export the home directories for NFS, since the function in the GUI is tied to the shared folders, and only shared folders show up in the list. I also cannot find where TOS stores the exports, as /etc/exports and /var/lib/nfs/etab are empty.

I am currently using a workaround where I have bind-mounted /mnt/md0/Users on a shared folder /mnt/md0/home, which I have exported; but since anything I put into /etc/fstab is gone again after a reboot, that is a very unsatisfactory solution.

It is generally frustrating that some files in the OS partition get deleted or restored to some pre-determined state at reboot, while others survive untouched, and that there is no documentation as to which files are persistent and which are not.

I understand the desire to shield and protect novice users from the intricacies of the Linux OS, but there should be a way for more experienced or adventuresome users to override these protections.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: TNAS F4-210 NFS Questions

Post by TMroy »

At present, only shared folders can be mounted through NFS to your linux server. This policy will be changed we will update the post here.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)