Help with multiple computers connected to same account NAS

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
128bitengine

Help with multiple computers connected to same account NAS

Post by 128bitengine »

I cannot post in the NAS section, so i am posting here.

I have a Terramaster NAS that I received, and I am trying to connect two computers to the same shared folder on the NAS, however I must first disconnect the shared folder of one host, and then connect on the second host. I found nowhere in the settings of the NAS to allow multiple connections.

I have 2 desktops that i use for private use and do not wish the files to be public to the network. is there any way around this restriction?

Hosts are 2 Windows 10 computers, with the shares mounted as CIFS shares.

Thank you,
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Help with multiple computers connected to same account NAS

Post by TMSupport »

Hi!
You can create a new user, and then set the corresponding folder permissions.
Two devices use different accounts.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
128bitengine

Post by 128bitengine »

That seems excessive. I should be able to set permissions for one account and have any host I want, to be able to connect to that resource. I have approx 18 hosts in my home network that I would like to be able to connect to a singe share, and to have to keep track of what host uses what credentials is IMHO asinine. There should be an option to allow multi authentication. This is a home nas, not some enterprise level solution that houses PI/PII.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi!
We tried to use same account to map the same shared folder of TNAS on three computers at the same time, and it was successful. Maybe you can describe your problem in detail, and attach a screenshot if convenient.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

its definitely possible so there must be something going wrong, we have 4 computers plus ipads and iphones with file browsers all able to connect to the same shares at the same time, i think i have set up 2 users (me and my girlfriend) but have about 6 - 8 different shares from nas drive

so if you are having issues i am assuming its because something has been set up wrong with the shares rather than a design issue to be honest

i have definitely bounced files through my nas drive from my desktop to my laptop and vice versa without any issues so 1 share, 1 user, multiple computers etc
F2-210

Return to “File Services”