Cannot Share Files to Friends outside of Local Area Network

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
OllieHardy

Cannot Share Files to Friends outside of Local Area Network

Post by OllieHardy »

Hi,

I want to do something very simple in sharing the results of a photoshoot with a client, however they cannot access the folder even though I have tried numerous times to set up the correct folder with the correct sharing permissions. They are met with an error message which states the IP address link and says "this site can't be reached "IP Address" took too long to respond"

Can someone please let me know how to enable file sharin g to those that are not connected to my local area network.

Essentially what I want from my NAS is to be able to send files as I would have done with dropbox or onedrive, less the subscription costs. I am getting increasingly annoyed as this should be very simple.

Any help massively appreciated.
scoobyfizz

Re: Cannot Share Files to Friends outside of Local Area Network

Post by scoobyfizz »

have you set up your router to allow access to your nas from the outside world?
Best thing I ever did was ebay my Terramaster...
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Cannot Share Files to Friends outside of Local Area Network

Post by TMSupport »

You can go to TNAS desktop -> Remote Access -> TNAS.online, enable TNAS.online remote access, and then create your TNAS ID.
The sharing link needs to be modified, as shown in the figure below, the highlighted part needs to be changed to TNAS ID.tnas.link.

1.png
1.png (3.76 KiB) Viewed 1570 times
2.png
2.png (4.18 KiB) Viewed 1570 times
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)