Add a share that can be access via an external nextcould

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
penright

Add a share that can be access via an external nextcould

Post by penright »

I want to create a share that a different Linux box running nextcloud can expose. Right now I am hung up creating a share on TNAS. If I use the control panel and create a user called nextcloud, then a share called nextcloud_share it shows up when I run smbclient -L x.x.x.x
Screenshot 2021-07-09 102423.png
What would the mount command look like on the Linux box to connect to that share?

When I try this ...

Code: Select all

sudo mount -t cifs //x.x.x.x /nextcloud_share /mnt/nextcloud -o username=nextcloud
I get this error

Code: Select all

mount: /mnt/nextcloud: cannot mount //x.x.x.x/nextcloud_share read-only.
Also, I assume the error message I got when I tried to create a share called nextcloud was because the user created the directory. Is there a way to create a share at that point? I did not see any UI to do that.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Add a share that can be access via an external nextcould

Post by TMSupport »

The access permission of user of //x.x.x.x/nextcloud_share should be set as Read/Write.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
penright

Re: Add a share that can be access via an external nextcould

Post by penright »

Finally found the answer. I did not have or better said I needed to install cifs-utils