Samba Shares Not Working

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
we87

Samba Shares Not Working

Post by we87 »

F5-221 running latest TOS, Mulitple PC's running Windows 10

I have had other nas units and have had them all use samba shares or SMB protocol, which is how I usually transfer files back and forth from my computers. However, I cannot figure out how to do it on this terramaster.

This is my first terramaster unit so I am sure its a setting that I am just unfamiliar with. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Just for the record, I have created users, created shared folders, enabled SMB service, even tried to go down to SMB1, disabled all other sharing protocols (ftp, afp, etc), I have played with just about every box under SMB/CIFS menu to try and get this to work and I just cannot see the terramaster under my network in windows explorer. I can see my Synology and Western Digital, but not the terramaster. I have mapped a network drive, and yes that does work, but that is not how I need the files to be transferred back and forth. I have to have the samba network shares working when I open up windows explorer and go to network.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Re: Samba Shares Not Working

Post by TMS »

we87 wrote: 20 Jun 2021, 09:59 I can see my Synology and Western Digital, but not the terramaster.
Do you enable bonjour and upnp service? Can you explain it(Samba network shares) or attachments?
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}we87
When you mapping a network drive, you are using SMB file service. please make sure you input a correct workgroup or domain name in the SMB file service settings.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
we87

Post by we87 »

{L_BUTTON_AT}we87
TMS wrote: 20 Jun 2021, 12:17
we87 wrote: 20 Jun 2021, 09:59 I can see my Synology and Western Digital, but not the terramaster.
Do you enable bonjour and upnp service? Can you explain it(Samba network shares) or attachments?
Yes I do have bonjour and upnp enabled. I just want to see the terramaster as a network item when I go to file explorer>network. As I explained, I can do this with other nas units just not the terramaster. I have enabled SMB 1 2 and 3 in TOS and on the Windows PC.
TMroy wrote: 20 Jun 2021, 12:33 When you mapping a network drive, you are using SMB file service. please make sure you input a correct workgroup or domain name in the SMB file service settings.
I do not want to map the network drive. I want to see it in file explorer>network. I have enabled SMB in TOS with the correct workgroup name, which is WORKGROUP (Windows Default), as the other Windows PC's are on the same workgroup name and are working. I am able to see my other Windows PC shares, my other NAS shares, literally everything on my network except for the single terramaster unit. I have toggled the SMB file server off and on again in TOS, I have restarted the terramaster several times, I have toggled SMB File Protocol, restarted the terramaster (F5-221) running latest TOS as of date. I have enabled SMB 1, 2, 3 in both TOS on terramaster and Windows on the PC. I have also tried to see the terramaster in the network tab on Windows 10, 7, Vista - all give same result - does not show up. Yes, I can manually see it by entering "file://192.168.1.###/Media" but I do not see it in the File Explorer > Network tab as pictured below across any of my Windows machines.
Attachments
network1.jpg
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Please change the password of the admin user and restart the SMB service.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
we87

Post by we87 »

TMS wrote: 21 Jun 2021, 09:47 Please change the password of the admin user and restart the SMB service.
Thank you for the reply, but that did not work
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Is it possible to let our engineer check it remotely? You can send an email to our tech team to confirm it.