F2-220 - Used Space location

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
GranityFly

F2-220 - Used Space location

Post by GranityFly »

Hello,

A couple months ago I was playing around and lost a whole folder of media. I've scoured everywhere and I can't find them. I believe they are still on my raid 1 somewhere as it shows I have 165.44GB used out of 3.64T. That is the approximate storage of the media. I've checked the recycle bin and they aren't there. Any recommendations? Sorry for noob questions, I got a Nas to avoid this scenario and I don't see any kind of recovery scan or anything. Thank you in advance.
Attachments
storage.PNG
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: F2-220 - Used Space location

Post by TMroy »

As I do not know what you did to your device, but please try the followings:

1. go to control panel > shared folder > advanced;
2. restore your shared folder;

hopefully, it works for you.
controlpanel.png
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
GranityFly

Post by GranityFly »

I tried this with no success. Is there an app that will scan the nas for file recovery? I have yet to find one that will work. I've looked at alot of threads and tried alot of stuff. I got this nas assuming that since i have a striped raid that I would not lose data anymore. It seems like a nas is more for just rebuilding bad hdd. Thanks for your help
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

Hi,
Did your data exist in a shared folder you created before? Or is it in a user's personal folder?
Can you still see the shared folder in the shared folder of the control panel?
If it is a user's personal folder, you can check the following locations:
data.png
data.png (23.77 KiB) Viewed 1468 times
How many volumes do you have? If the data exists in public or appdata, you can try to restore to your other volume a few more times.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)