Special Chars doesnt seem to work after TOS update 4.2.08 on F4-210

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
wingman1701

Special Chars doesnt seem to work after TOS update 4.2.08 on F4-210

Post by wingman1701 »

I recently updated my F4-210 to version 4.2.08 (ARM) and it was a complete disaster... It would only work on DHCP(every time I rebooted it would revert back from being statically set), File Services stopped working and one point the all my accounts got disabled... After fighting with it for 2 days I was able to get back in and pull my data off the NAS, so I can reformat...

Since it doesn't allow for a rollback to 4.2.07, the last working version, I decided to start from scratch. I did a factory reset and formatted the hard drives.. When I rebooted It pulled the 4.2.08 OS off the web, checked the 4 drives (all good), I sent my password but when I got the hard raid setup it just froze and didn't allow me to set any raid... I started removing drives and quickly figured out it only like a single, two or 4 drives; 3 drives cause constant beeping. The NAS only allowed me to get passed the raid config with 2 drives which I set to Raid 1...

Once I got into the NAS I added the 3th and 4th and was able to pool them them and then set a volume. I then decided to to remove the all the volumes since I wanted a single raid 5 volume, which the NAS seem to accept. So I guess it wasn't an issue with my drives but yet a another bug in 4.2.08.. I then tried to my original issue which was SMB shares and I quickly found it that still dint work it would authenticate.. I then tried with out a special character and was able to authenticate... So it seems on version 4.2.08 wont authenticate with special chars using SMB, SFTP, SSL and FTP seem to work.

I reach out to support (their Chat), lets just say they weren't very supportive... Here is my last conversation:

"ok I finally got this back up and running; however, SMB doesn't seem to be accepting special characters, if I use a password that doesn't have a special char it works..." Support response: "Yes , with the special char , it can make your device more safe ." , not very helpful, which was all of my interactions.

I had this device working since 4.2.06, upgraded to 4.2.07 without any issue, 4.2.08 destroyed the device making unreliable and not useful...

Any one have any ideas since I think I have tried everything other than buying a Synology
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Re: Special Chars doesnt seem to work after TOS update 4.2.08 on F4-210

Post by TMS »

Hi,
We will verify these questions, and can you tell us about these special characters?
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
wingman1701

Post by wingman1701 »

I was using a # or @ either still doesn't work
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Is it possible to let our engineer check it remotely?You can send an email to our tech team to confirm it.viewtopic.php?f=75&t=608
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @