Question Around Recycle Bin And Shared Drives

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
mvangerv

Question Around Recycle Bin And Shared Drives

Post by mvangerv »

Hi.
I have a shared drive setup. Recycle bin option is enabled. I have this shared drive mapped to a drive letter in Windows. When I delete a file in Windows from the drive I have mapped to the shared folder, the file I delete does not goto the recycle folder in my shared drive. However, if I logon to the TOS desktop as the user who has access to the shared drive and open file explorer and delete a file that way, the deleted file appears in the recycle folder on the shared drive. My question is, is there a way to enable the recycle bin feature when deleting files from within Windows from the drive letter mapped to the shared folder?

Thanks.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Question Around Recycle Bin And Shared Drives

Post by TMRyan »

Hi,
What is your device model and TOS system version?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
mvangerv

Post by mvangerv »

Hi.
fs-221
4.2.09-2101251735

Thanks.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMRyan »

That's kind of weird.
After you delete the files in the mapped folder and refresh in the folder, can't you see the increase in the content of the recycle bin?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
mvangerv

Post by mvangerv »

Correct. Only when I delete a file when logged into the terranas desktop do I see it go into recycle folder. Deleting via Windows mapped drive the file just gets permanently deleted and not moved to recycle.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}mvangerv
Just made a test by myself. It did not happen like what you said. The deleted files moved to recycle bin correctly.
please make sure:
1. you enabled recycle bin for your "Shared folder" on control panel;
2. find the recycle bin from your mapped drive; if you can't, that means you just mapped a sub folder instead of shared folder, you need to find the recycle bin under the shared folder.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “File Services”