Can't set permissions on subfolder and files

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
DJ_Smelly

Can't set permissions on subfolder and files

Post by DJ_Smelly »

I have a F4-210 running 4.2.08-2101111540.

There is a subfolder and files that have no permissions set. I can't add, delete or edit the folder and files from within TOS or Win10 SMB share. All parent folders and other files have the correct permissions.

I have tried:
* Setting permissions while logged in as Admin. Clicking 'confirm' I get response 'Operation Successful' but when I go back in to the properties, the permissions are still empty.
* From the subfolder with no permissions, I have selected 'Replace permissions of all subdirectories with permissions of parent directory'. Again I get response 'Operation Successful' but when I go back in to the properties, the permissions are still empty.
* From the main shared folder (from Control Panel), I have selected 'Replace permissions on all subdirectories with permissions of this folder'. I get response 'Configuration successful' but when I go back in to the properties, the permissions are still empty.

Any suggestions on what else I can do?
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Can't set permissions on subfolder and files

Post by TMRyan »

Now it is not possible to set permissions for sub-files, only permissions for shared folders can be set.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
DJ_Smelly

Post by DJ_Smelly »

Sorry I didn't explain myself correctly.

I set the permissions on the shared folder several months ago and all permissions on the subfolders have been working properly.

The permission problem started a couple of days ago just on this one subfolder.

I have tried replacing the permissions from the shared folder but the permissions on the problematic subfolder and files are still blank.
Properties 1.JPG
Properties 2.JPG
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMRyan »

You can try to reset the permissions of the shared folder in the control panel.
Which user do you use cannot access the subfolders?
Can you provide a screenshot of the user permissions of the shared folder displayed in the shared folder of the control panel?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
DJ_Smelly

Post by DJ_Smelly »

I am logged in as Admin when I can't access the subfolders.

I've just tried changing the permissions of the shared folder from Control Panel. I get confirmation that the action was successful but when I go back in to view permissions it has reverted back to the initial permission settings, not my changed settings. I have the same problem with all shared folders.

Further, even though I have logged in from Win10 as Admin with read/write access to everything, it will only allow me read only access to all my files on the NAS. What has gone wrong?
Shared Folder Properties.JPG
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMRyan »

Hi,
Is it possible to let our engineer check it remotely? You can send an email to our tech team:viewtopic.php?f=75&t=608
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMRyan »

{L_BUTTON_AT}DJ_Smelly
You can try to modify the name of the folder where the file is located, or modify the name of the file. The file name or the folder name of the file may have special symbols that are not currently supported.
fadege

Post by fadege »

Same problem here after last update
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMRyan »

Hi,
Does your file name or folder name contain some kind of symbol?
If not, the file system or hard disk may be faulty.
Please backup your data, then check the hard drive and reinstall the system.
How to know exactly whether your hard drive is healthy?viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1125
How to re-install your TOS?viewtopic.php?f=75&t=423
Note: To protect your data, please backup your data before checking the hard disk.
DJ_Smelly

Post by DJ_Smelly »

{L_BUTTON_AT}DJ_Smelly
TMRyan wrote: 06 Apr 2021, 10:24 You can try to modify the name of the folder where the file is located, or modify the name of the file. The file name or the folder name of the file may have special symbols that are not currently supported.
I couldn't modify the name of any of my files or folders (even ones with correct permissions) as I could only read them even when I was logged in as Admin with read/write access permissions to everything. I had your engineer remote in and they said everything was corrupted and it was caused by the hard drives. I have just tested my drives for the past 48 hours (CrystalDiskInfo, SeaTools for Windows and SeaTools Bootable) and they are good with no warnings or issues. I have had to wipe everything and start again to restore my read/write access. This is the third time in 6 months I've had to do this to overcome these corruption issues. After restoring from backups, I can now modify the name and it appears that names that contain an apostrophe (eg, the ' in "You've") have this permission issue. If I remove the apostrophe, the permissions reappear. Putting the apostrophe back in, the permissions disappear. (See screenshots below) But even when the permissions disappear I currently have read/write access to the file, which is not the same issue I experienced before I wiped everything where all files and folders were read-only even though they were set to read/write. I think I have a faulty F4-210.
File name with apostrophe.JPG
File name without apostrophe.JPG