Can't set permissions on subfolder and files

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Can't set permissions on subfolder and files

Post by TMRyan »

What was your previous problem? Isn't it because of the file name?
Did you use admin to log in to modify permissions?
Although the user you created is also an administrator, you may need to log in with the super administrator account admin and then give the created user permissions. Because the ownership of the file belongs to "admin".
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
supreetv

Re: Can't set permissions on subfolder and files

Post by supreetv »

{L_BUTTON_AT}DJ_Smelly
This solved my problems too
DJ_Smelly wrote: 09 Apr 2021, 12:05
TMRyan wrote: 06 Apr 2021, 10:24 You can try to modify the name of the folder where the file is located, or modify the name of the file. The file name or the folder name of the file may have special symbols that are not currently supported.
I couldn't modify the name of any of my files or folders (even ones with correct permissions) as I could only read them even when I was logged in as Admin with read/write access permissions to everything. I had your engineer remote in and they said everything was corrupted and it was caused by the hard drives. I have just tested my drives for the past 48 hours (CrystalDiskInfo, SeaTools for Windows and SeaTools Bootable) and they are good with no warnings or issues. I have had to wipe everything and start again to restore my read/write access. This is the third time in 6 months I've had to do this to overcome these corruption issues. After restoring from backups, I can now modify the name and it appears that names that contain an apostrophe (eg, the ' in "You've") have this permission issue. If I remove the apostrophe, the permissions reappear. Putting the apostrophe back in, the permissions disappear. (See screenshots below) But even when the permissions disappear I currently have read/write access to the file, which is not the same issue I experienced before I wiped everything where all files and folders were read-only even though they were set to read/write. I think I have a faulty F4-210. File name with apostrophe.JPG File name without apostrophe.JPG