F4-210 losing access to Shared files

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
jeffivers

F4-210 losing access to Shared files

Post by jeffivers »

After update I keep losing connectivity to TNAS. I can log in to console but the share does not see any files.
After a hard reboot the files come back. This has been happening more than once a day. Please help.

Also I have some files on the share that keep saying I don't have access to delete or copy them. I have reset permissions but has no effect.

tks
mmarango

Re: F4-210 losing access to Shared files

Post by mmarango »

I'm seeing similar issues. I upgraded to 4.2.07 I'm not able to access any of my shared folders. I know the ones I created are still there because I have Plex running on my TNAS and I'm able to see all fo my media when I run it. I would restore to defaults but I'd prefer to backup my media first, which of course I'm not able to do. Anyone have any thoughts?
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Try go to control panel》shared folder》advanced-restore to volume, select the volume where public and appdata are located before
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
mmarango

Post by mmarango »

TMS wrote: 03 Jan 2021, 12:32 Try go to control panel》shared folder》advanced-restore to volume, select the volume where public and appdata are located before
That sort of fixed my issue. After I did this I disabled and reenabled user home directories and the shares came back.
armandomr81

Post by armandomr81 »

mmarango wrote: 05 Jan 2021, 01:01
TMS wrote: 03 Jan 2021, 12:32 Try go to control panel》shared folder》advanced-restore to volume, select the volume where public and appdata are located before
That sort of fixed my issue. After I did this I disabled and reenabled user home directories and the shares came back.
Hi, I have the same problem. Just to confirm and do the same as you.

1. Did you create the user again?
2. Did you create the folder name again?
3. Then you restored the shared folders from advaced settings?

Thanks for the help.

I already created the user again, but I am afraid of generating the user folder and loose the old information.
mmarango

Post by mmarango »

armandomr81 wrote: 05 Jan 2021, 12:21
mmarango wrote: 05 Jan 2021, 01:01
Hi, I have the same problem. Just to confirm and do the same as you.

1. Did you create the user again?
2. Did you create the folder name again?
3. Then you restored the shared folders from advaced settings?

Thanks for the help.

I already created the user again, but I am afraid of generating the user folder and loose the old information.
Sorry for the late reply! I did not recreate the user, I left the existing one in place. I restored shared folders then disabled and re-enabled the users home directories.