NO NFS Connect by Kodi / Openelec

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
gtrdriver

NO NFS Connect by Kodi / Openelec

Post by gtrdriver »

Hello

im new here - using a F4-210 Station wich works well for this Price.
I recently have buyed it for NFS Share a Volume.

I have activated NFS File Share and give R/W Privilegs with "*" for Access Policy to a Shared folder.
Then i have mounted this NFS Share on 2 Linux Clients here - works well - the Speed is not the best but its ok.

The Main Propose is to Serve Stored Video to KODI Media Player - but im not able to access to the Terramaster via Kodi by using NFS - SMB works - but i need NFS because of Linux Filssystem Specific Direcotry and Filenames.

The Kodi Devices are within the same Network (192.168.1.*) - like the NAS but Autodiscover of NFS out of Kodi dont work - as well Manual Edit the Connection String into Kodi.

I spent several Hours yesterday to search on Google and find a Workaround -.....

I also had a Synology Device wich also has some issues when accessing Kodi by NFS but there are some Instructions to get it to work.

Can Anyone help me please to fix this issue ?
Tricky
Great Britain

Re: NO NFS Connect by Kodi / Openelec

Post by Tricky »

I have no problem using Kodi as a player although for my TV I normally use Plex, have you added your film/music etc stored on your NAS as via UPnP device on Kodi and selected the sub folders they are stored in.