Desktop - TOS: Background tasks?

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
apinheiro

Desktop - TOS: Background tasks?

Post by apinheiro »

Hi,

Mine is not really an issue, but more of a question.

I have a F2-221 model with 2 8TB HDD.
TOS version is 4.1.30-2008051459

When I access the file manager via Chrome browser and try to do simple tasks (to my humble knowledge) like moving or deleting folders, the screen is stuck in "(i) Loading..." for the longest time - hours, even. I have a sense that this is related to how big the files are.

So I have a three-part question:

1) Is it normal to take hours to process a Move/Copy/Delete action for a folder that has 100-300GB?

2) If I close the browser, will the task be completed (for example if it is a copy-action, that doesn't require a two-step verification - unlike delete) eventually?

3) Should I be doing this through a different way? I've tried accessing it from the Windows Explorer with the file:\\192.168.1.139, as recommended for larger files but it is also excruciatingly slow - about 1 hour to delete a 100GB folder. But at least there is a progress window and I know where I'm at.

Thank you and best regards,

André
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Desktop - TOS: Background tasks?

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}apinheiro
please update your TOS to 4.2.07
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
apinheiro

Post by apinheiro »

Hi,

Thanks for the fast reply. I've just updated it as recommended. Since then, although the drive is still on, I can't detect it on the network and on TNAS-PC.

It finished installing on "Desktop - TOS" and it then said it would reboot after a long countdown. Since the countdown ended, I am no longer able to access it. It has been about 30 minutes now.

Please advise. Should I reboot the drive manually?

Thank you very much for your time!
yerc1

Post by yerc1 »

apinheiro wrote: 22 Dec 2020, 01:08 It finished installing on "Desktop - TOS" and it then said it would reboot after a long countdown. Since the countdown ended, I am no longer able to access it. It has been about 30 minutes now.
From memory when I upgraded TOS from 4.1.2? > 4.1.30 and later to 4.2.07, it is normal to lose access to the TOS Desktop while the upgrade is being applied. My NAS rebooted (indicated by a loud beep) followed by 30 minutes or thereabouts period of disk activity (LED flashed red lights). TOS Desktop was inaccessible at that stage.

I got TOS Desktop access back when the LEDs turned solid green (not blinking).
F2-221
is my first NAS, bought in October 2020
apinheiro

Post by apinheiro »

Hi,

After waiting 18 hours and with no access, I've rebooted the NAS. Still no access.
Unplugged everything and waited 30 secs - plugged everything back in - still no access.

The lights are green and not-blinking.

I see now that the thread in TOS Update (viewforum.php?f=28) that I've based myself on to update, is now gone - which is unsettling. :(
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

That post was deleted by mistake, you can refer to this link: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1137
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @