FTP connection issues

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
Stevd

FTP connection issues

Post by Stevd »

Hello,

I have been having intermittent FTP connection issues.

Sometimes I can connect instantly to FTP other times it fails and I have to try a few times before it will finally connect.

This is causing a problem for me on my backup software where it connects over ftp and therefore failing its backup. I also have the same issue trying to connect with filezila.

I was having the issue on 4.2.06 so I updated to 4.2.07 but still having the same issue.

Any ideas?
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: FTP connection issues

Post by TMzethar »

On the Internet or on a LAN?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Stevd

Post by Stevd »

Over internet. Not tried over LAN yet, will test that out when I get an opportunity.
Stevd

Post by Stevd »

It seems to be to do with the network connection between the NAS and the internet. Previously this had been very stable and very quick.

Now it connects briefly at full network speed and then drops off to nothing for a number of minutes, then picks up again, then drops off etc etc.

I have checked all the network settings, there is nothing noticibly incorrect. There are no IP clashes etc. When I check the internet connection on other devices it is all stable.

Any ideas?
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Have you mapped the passive port of FTP?
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
Stevd

Post by Stevd »

Yes, ports are all mapped correctly in firewall. These settings haven't changed either from when it was all working.

FTP connections can be made and smaller file sizes can be trandsferred. It seems the problem occurs when I am trying to transfer larger file sizes.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please check this link for more information viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1133
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Stevd

Post by Stevd »

Sorry, think you may have misunderstood my last post. My router / firewall is set up correctly with the correct ports being forwarded to TNAS