Odd behavior copying files

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
jmephotoart

Odd behavior copying files

Post by jmephotoart »

Hello!

I have been using the terramaster for a while now after your tech team successfully sorted my mapping issue.

But for some reason I now have a very odd issue. When I copy files using SyncBackFree or just a regular windows copy, the whole unit drops from the network. I cannot access the shares or connect to it from the weblink. It is not discover able from the TNAS application.

I have:

. checked power and cables (swapped over network cable to check)
.made sure the network cable is not draped over a magnet
. rebooted router (virgin make)
. reset the links from configs in SyncbackFree (uses share names rather then mappings) \\TNAS-016f2c\MainNas for example)

I have to remove the power, let it boot up and I can access it again. I have checked the hard disks and they are reporting ok for now. (don't want to keep pulling the power on it though).

Any ideas, quite baffling!

Thanks for your continued support!

Jon
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Odd behavior copying files

Post by TMSupport »

Please advise your TNAS model number and current TOS version in return.
You can contact support team to let them check it remotely again.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
jmephotoart

Post by jmephotoart »

TOS v 4.1.31
F4-210

However I may have stumbled upon the issue. I was using a copy app called TerraCopy. This takes over the copying from the standard Windows and in a couple of tests would exhibit the same issue, it would get to 70% copying (this was from my laptop to my PC) and would pause for a while.

If Terra copy was taking over the copy process when I was using SyncBackFree then this could have been the cause.

I will continue with some testing and let you know.

For now I have removed TerraCopy from my set up.

Hope this helps !

Jon
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Ok, keep us informed if any updates.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)