What's this error?

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
ridinghero1990

What's this error?

Post by ridinghero1990 »

F4-210 upgraded to the newest firmware.

Been getting this weird error in the TOS settings for the past two updates. In the Network Services section, actually Network/General, under HTTP, HTTPS, server header, and simultaneous connections I see this error in the text box.

ERROR: ld.so: object '/etc/libsystem.so' from /etc/ld.so.preload cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.ERROR: ld.so: object '/etc/libsystem.so' from /etc/ld.so.preload cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.ERROR: ld.so: object '/etc/libsystem.so' from /etc/ld.so.preload cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.8181
TMnorah
TerraMaster Team

Re: What's this error?

Post by TMnorah »

Hello
This is because the object file ‘libsystem.so’ cannot be loaded. Please log in to ssh to switch to root mode and execute a command: mv /etc/ld.so.preload /home
If you still can’t solve it, please give us a screenshot to troubleshoot the cause.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
ridinghero1990

Post by ridinghero1990 »

i putty into the nas

and get the same error

i don't understand the command you gave me or what to do with it

i copied the command and something called busybox showed up with more instructions

please be clear on what i should do
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi! Can you send a screenshot of the error report after entering the command? We need to troubleshoot the cause of the error.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
ridinghero1990

Post by ridinghero1990 »

Here is the exact error I get in the TOS panel in the Network section.

ridinghero1990

Post by ridinghero1990 »

Please give me clear instructions to solve this by SSH. I can't tell if you want me to type "Id" (EYE) or "ld" (the letter L).
ridinghero1990

Post by ridinghero1990 »

And when I use putty to get into my NAS

ridinghero1990

Post by ridinghero1990 »

i also can't sign in with putty as 'root'. it should be the admin password. i typed it in and it says access denied.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi! We can not see the screenshots you attached. Maybe you can try the following methods again.
Login in to SSH terminal:viewtopic.php?f=75&t=2350
Execute the command:

Code: Select all

mv /etc/ld.so.preload /home
If it still report an error, you can send an email to our technical team, and our engineer will check it for you remotely.
ridinghero1990

Post by ridinghero1990 »

can you see the pics now?